Alcohol use disorders involve the inability to manage drinking habits. These types of disorders can be either mild, moderate, and severe. Each category has various symptoms and can cause harmful side effects. If left untreated, any type of alcohol use can spiral out of control.
Getting to the root of an addictive habit is our aim at Basic Steps Mental Health. Since addiction wrecks havoc on a person physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually we treat each of these dimensions to give a person the best odds for problem resolution. Addiction is simply a habit that becomes hard-wired into the brain. It becomes automatic and in order to change the wiring special tools are taught in order to do just that.
One approach in particular addresses the “Sub-personality” that takes over and runs the show causing that automatic drinking. In reworking this aspect you will be amazed at the results! Plus there are many more tools that all work together in getting you back on your feet and confident in the new enhanced you. This work will amaze you and help you realize that you are not “powerless” but powerful.
We help you connect to the amazing person you really are down deep and commit to being there with you every step of the way.
Common signs of alcoholism include:
- Being unable to control alcohol consumption once you start
- Continuing to drink despite the desire to quit
- Unable to maintain the commitment to sobriety
- Thinking about how to “drink successfully” despite evidence that you cannot
- Putting alcohol above personal responsibilities and relationships
- Feeling the need to keep drinking more for the same effect
- Spending a substantial amount of money on alcohol
- Behaving differently after drinking
If you feel as though your alcohol consumption is taking a toll on your life, it’s important to find a quality treatment that can help you overcome alcoholism.